A 1-day course during which students will learn to bake under the guidance of a chef at our fully-equipped kitchen , learn basic business principles and wrap up the class with an actual selling experience at a mini-market fair.
Intakes: various dates during the school holidays
*All materials for the practical & theory lesson are provided and parents can join in for the practical lesson & mini-market fair at no extra charge
9am-1pm - Practical baking lesson @Culinary Institute (Macpherson)
1pm-2pm - Lunch Break
2pm-4pm - Theory lesson @Paya Lebar Square classroom
4pm-6pm - "Open for Business" - preparation & selling baked goods @Paya Lebar Square shopping mall
For more information, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 6632 9532
- Learning baking basics: stirring dough, rolling, mixing ingredients
- Understanding the importance of kitchen safety
- Basic Business Concepts: Product Pricing, Budgeting, Projection of Profits
- Basic Negotiation Skills
- Learning the importance of good customer service
- Effective Selling Skills
- Learning to create basic marketing collaterals
- Implementing the acquired knowledge & skillsets at a real "marketplace"
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.