|Tue Mar 1 2016, 10:00am–12:30pm|
|Tue Mar 8 2016, 10:00am–12:30pm|
|Tue Mar 15 2016, 10:00am–12:30pm|
Additional fees may apply
Asana: Functional Movement and the Spine
- Functional movement in asana
- Developing healthful movement patterns
- Connecting daily life with asana on the mat
- Structure of spine
- Developing good alignment in the spine
- Breath and the body-mind connection
- Key principles of a healthy locomotor system • Strength and stabilization
- Flexibility and mobilization
- Asymmetry and alignment in daily life
- Static vs dynamic practice
- Injury prevention in asana
- Core asana sequences
- Modifying asanas for personal needs
This course is for
- Beginners interested in the essential skills of asana, pranayama, and meditation to establish a personalized practice.
- Yoga practitioners looking to enrich and deepen their learning on the foundations of classical yoga in a pragmatic framework.
- Yoga teachers interested in exposure to the traditional teachings of the “father of modern yoga,” the yogi Sri Krishnamacharya.
- Workshops of 2.5 hours each, running throughout the year with breaks during holiday periods.
- You have the flexibility to attend the workshops in any order.
- You may also attend one or more of the workshops independently.
- A certificate will be issued on completion of entire program.
Nitya Mohan is the daughter of A.G. Mohan and Indra Mohan, and was trained in yoga from a young age. She is the Director of Svastha Yoga and Ayurveda in Singapore and has trained over 200 teachers in the Svastha Yoga teacher training programs since 2001 in Singapore. She holds a degree in music and is an exponent of the Vedic chant. She has taught yoga and given concerts in Germany, France, Switzerland, United States, Australia and Singapore. She has also released audio cassettes and CDs on Vedic chanting and the Yogasutras of Patanjali.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (65) 9838 5242
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.