|Mon Oct 17 2016, 6:00pm–8:00pm|
Additional fees may apply
Introduction to Stand-Up Comedy. Workshop. Level 1 with Scott Mitchell.
(2 hours class 6pm-8pm plus 1.5 hours watching a live show 8:30pm - 10:00pm)
This is a jam packed 2 hour introductory workshop for writing and performing stand-up comedy. It is most suitable for first timers, novices and comedy fans wanting to know more about the industry.
Plus the chance to see regular open mic comedians perform straight after the show (Don't know what open mic is? Don't worry you'll learn that on the course too).
Outcomes of this course – you will:
- Learn how to write jokes for your stage persona – intro to character, structure and style
- Learn how to use the stage – basic stagecraft and microphone technique
- Have an insight to the process involved in being a stand-up comedian – easy?
- See an open mic performance of comedians straight after the workshop
- Perform - a guaranteed chance to perform in front of a live audience at a future show if you wish (we never force you)
Plus a free handy ‘comedy jargon’ busting glossary to take away.
Is this for you? Yes if…
- You want to spice up current public speaking skills
- You want to conquer a fear of public speaking with a structured process
- You want to be a comedian
What should you bring?
Pens, pencils, notepad and if possible, a sense of humour (not compulsory – some of the funniest comedians in the world are the grimmest people you will ever meet off stage).
Who is the facilitator?
Scott Mitchell was born and raised in Scotland and moved to Singapore in 2004. Along with 2 friends, Scott founded Comedy Hub Singapore in an effort to create a regular place for up and coming comedians to perform. To date, Comedy Hub Singapore has organised more than 500 stand-up shows in Singapore and has been involved with the Magners International Comedy Festival, Comedy Central Asia and Beerfest Asia as well as many corporate and private performances.
Scott himself has performed in Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Myanmar and the United Kingdom. Recently, as part of Fringeworld, Perth Australia, he was a finalist in the ‘Best Show’ category.
“I love stand-up comedy and was a fan long before I ever stepped on stage. Whenever I get the chance to learn more about our craft I take it. Watching new comedians make people laugh is one of the best things in the world”
Malay Heritage Centre, Rochor-Kampong Glam, Singapore
Today 10:00am – more dates
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.