|Sat Apr 9 2016, 10:00am–5:00pm|
iLight De Care-nival is a fund-raising (not-for-profit) event for Singapore Association of the Visually Handicapped (SAVH), to support and create awareness about the Visually Impaired (VI) community in Singapore.
- Activities in the Dark - Engage in an interesting activity in a completely dark room, where your sense of touch, smell and hearing, will be tested. This activity will be specially led by our Visually Impaired (VI) friend from Singapore Association of the Visually Handicaped (SAVH).
- Descriptive movie (no visuals, just audio)- Enjoy a different kind of movie experience at our descriptive movie screening, where you will be blindfolded and relying only on the sound of narrations behind your favourite movies.
- Touch Art Gallery◦Handmade merchandise from the Touch Art Gallery to be brought in for sale to the public. Proceeds from the sales will go to SAVH
◦1 VI member will be stationed at this counter to help with the sales and at the same time briefly demonstrate to the public how the VI people go about making the artefacts
- Food Carnival for all paid entry
- Busker performance - showcasing the talent of the VI buskers and how some of them are making a living out of entertaining others.
Before you go, would you like to subscribe to our free weekly newsletter with events happening in your area, competitions for free tickets and CD giveaways?
Enter your email below, click on the Sign Up button and we’ll send you on your way
Continuing confirms your acceptance of our terms of service.